Wellness Health and Safety
Wellness Health and Safety at Battery Systems
Our health is vital! The first consideration in the performance of work at Battery Systems is the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, interested parties engaged in work operations for the Company, and our families, as well as visitors, neighbors, and the general public that we are associated with.
Why Wellness and Safety?
Why Wellness and Safety?
Well, because your body goes with you and it functions better when treated well. To the extent that we damage our body and mind, our output is diminished (e.g.: The same person who smokes vs. doesn’t smoke, is able to accomplish less. The same person with high stress vs. healthy, low stress is able to accomplish less. The same person with a damaged back vs. a healthy back is able to accomplish less. …Not to mention that all of these situations create greater susceptibility for future physical hardships and diminishing physical and mental returns). Wherever our starting point may be in physical condition, as we strengthen our body and our mind, our output increases (along with many other benefits) as compared to allowing it to fallow. Proper diet, exercise, rest, and emotional and mental health increases access to better circulation, better brain function, better disease and system breakdown resistance, improved reaction time, improved healing rate, and greater strength, speed, and flexibility. Upon this very basic premise, we know that a person that is maintaining a healthy lifestyle is less likely to injure themselves on or off the job. Wellness makes safety sense. At Battery Systems, they are integral. We value continuous improvement (and physical improvement is a part of that).
Send Each & Every Employee Home Safely Each & Every Day Empowered To Bring The Habits Of Wellness Health & Safety Home For Their Loved Ones We believe that all accidents are preventable. Our objective is that training, encouragement, rigor in inspection, investigation and correction, and a culture of prevention as well as continuous improvement in health will promote reduction in the number of accidents, injuries, and illnesses to an absolute minimum. To this end, we improve with every finding, every near-miss, every preemptive suggestion, and even every pre-game stretch. Our every-team-member-goal is zero accidents, injuries, and industrial illnesses. Zero for team members and zero for their family members. Zero for anyone associated with the work of Battery Systems.
Can we talk about benefits?
At Battery Systems eligible employees can expect a competitive and comprehensive benefits strategy。
- PPO medical plan with integrated prescription benefits (PPACA-compliant)
- Access to online wellness center, health tracking tools, discounts, and 24/7 nurse hotline
- DPO and DMO dental plan
- PPO vision plan
- Health Savings Account with generous bi-weekly contributions by the Company
- 401(k), including ROTH options, with generous matching and access to financial counseling
- Direct deposit and pay-cards to speed payroll
- Time off (holidays, vacation time, personal leave, leave sharing, and humanitarian leave)
- Employee assistance program with help and wisdom when you need it 24/7
- Support to develop vision into life action, habit by habit
- Product discounts: why shop for batteries anywhere else?
- Employee referral program to help find the best
- Manager in training program to help grow the best
- Job-specific mentoring and training programs
- Education reimbursement program
- Group volunteerism and group charity matching
- Monthly group healthy lunches
- Regular satisfaction surveys to help us get things right
- Most jobs include access to a company vehicle and uniforms
- Appreciation, feedback, and a regular evaluation process
- Tremendous opportunities for advancement and new challenges in a growing company
- Working for Battery Systems!
Note that these benefits are available to eligible employees, are reviewed on an ongoing basis, and are subject to change.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity and Inclusion
Battery Systems (and its subsidiaries) welcomes a wide variety of personalities and perspectives. Our commitment to developing and maintaining an open, friendly, and productive environment is reflected throughout our company. The contributions of every employee are vital to our mission. We believe that the further growth and success of Battery Systems is directly tied to our willingness to embrace all backgrounds, talents, and ideas.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer
Battery Systems (and its subsidiaries) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with its obligations under federal law, each company that is a federal contractor or subcontractor is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans.
Applicants with Need for Accommodation
Battery Systems (and its subsidiaries) is committed to ensuring that its online applicant process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact us by calling 310.667.9320 ext 30163. This is line is designed to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days. Please note: Messages left for other purposes such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response. All subsequent communication in accordance with our process will be via e-mail.
We are so glad to know that you are interested in working with Battery Systems and subsidiaries! We work hard to maintain a culture that improves in employee satisfaction and effectiveness year over year. Hiring right protects our winning culture. As a part of this process you may experience a little more rigor than you have noticed with the other employers. We are interested in people with the knowledge, skills, ability, and values in personality, desire, and experience that match the job offered. …And Yes! We value diversity. We want the best person for the job, without regard to protected class. We are an equal opportunity employer. Here is the process that we employ:
- Apply: Apply on line (complete your profile, answer questions, and submit resume)
- Check 1: Resumes and answers are reviewed for job applicability.
- Check 2: Telephone interview is conducted
- Check 3: Initial face to face interview is conducted and references are checked
- Check 4: Second or third face to face interview is conducted and project assigned (many times over a meal)
- Check 5: Last face to face interview is conducted with a senior executive to review your presentation
- Your job offer is made
- Check 6: Once signed acceptance of your job offer is received we perform pre-employment screening (drug, background, physical, etc.)
- Smile! You start as a team member (wellness, health, and safety training, meet your team.